This is a very different potato salad than anything my family makes.
I really thought that I wasn't going to like this but I actually really did!
First, let's talk about potatoes. Fingerlings are apparently a spring potato. I looked everywhere and couldn't find any so I went with mini yellows.
You're also supposed to have a Yukon gold and I also could not find those. So I got bigger yellow potatoes.
Peel and chop the Yukon gold (yellow).
Slice the fingerling (baby yellows).
Simmer for 17 minutes.
Meanwhile, I was chopping up the other veg.
Celery, shallot, and capers.
And I started getting the dressing ingredients together.
Vinegar, mustard, relish. Salt and pepper. He has you throw some of the cooked Yukon gold into the dressing. This is what makes it "creamy". I disagree but whatever.
I remembered to save the cooking liquid which is the bulk of the dressing. And you drizzle in some olive oil.
Poured over the potatoes and veggies and voila.
I made this ahead for a dinner full of new recipes from the book so I've only had a bite but it was great!
Comments
Post a Comment