Ultra-Crisp-Skinned Pan-Roasted Fish Fillets with a Relish and a Sauce - Kelsey

Three recipes in one post. I never know how to handle this. 

I started with making Dill-Lemon Creme Fraiche. I actually tried to make creme fraiche using his recipe weeks ago but it didn't work. So I bought it.

You just mix in lemon juice and zest, fresh dill, capers, salt and pepper.

I also made the Cherry Tomato-Shallot Relish.

Quarter some cherry tomatoes.

Add some thinly sliced shallot, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.

My mom was eating this straight out of the bowl.

The fish "recipe" itself is basic. It's actually just a cooking method. My dad doesn't love fish and I read that snapper is pretty mild. None of us had tried it before and I convinced them to give it a go.

My preference would have been salmon but my dad HATES salmon lol. 

It's actually just fish, salt, and pepper. And he definitely intends for you to make one of the sauces or relishes. Or two. 

5 minutes skin side down.

Flip and use a thermometer to get to 130F. I was not impressed with the crisp on the skin. Probably due to stove and pan differences.

But I added the toppings.

My favorite way ended up being mixing both. 

It was all good. I was not blown away and would definitely prefer my mom's salmon but it was a good dinner.

Comments